Saturday, May 17, 2008

Beer soap... woot!


Beersoap1

Unmolded and uncut.


Beer3

Sliced using my handy dandy little soap cutter. The girlz wanted to know why i hadnt used my "guitar string" cutter and I explained that I use that sucker for the 4-5 pound batches of soap I make... but with this little 2 pound batch I wasnt going to lug that huge thing up the basement stairs. They just looked at me. Oh well lol

I have to take eileen to the fabric shop today... she wants to make a baby quilt... so in fact do I lol... but mine will have to wait. I borrowed an awesome book from the library the other day called All about Quilting from A to Z and it has the most glorious pictures in it. One block i particularily like is called a snail tail... very spiral like... and I love my spirals *grins* but they have some itty bitty triangles... and Im seriously not sure I want to deal with them ... yet.

Tonight I am thinking about cutting up some of my ugly soap and using the cubes to imbed in the lavender soap I am making for mum. It should be pretty... unless the soap gremlins visit and it turns into rebatch #2. *knock on wood*

No comments: